Safeguarding and Behaviour
Safeguarding your Child
Our Safeguarding Vision
At Stanion C.E Primary School we protect the welfare and safety of all members of our community. We respect and value each person as unique and safeguard their right be themselves. We work together to create a healthy, active, caring and safe environment to protect the physical, emotional, social and mental welfare of all of our school community.
Our Code for Safety
- Respect is shown views and values of others and their right to feel safe
- Every Adult will safeguard the children
- Special care is taken not to hurt others with our words or actions
- People listen to children and factually record their concerns
- Everyone cares and will maintain the safety of our environment
- Calmness is encouraged but swift action taken if a child’s welfare is threatened
- Together we teach the children how to stay safe, happy and healthy
- RESPONSIBILITY for all aspects of learning will be actively encouraged within a safe environment which promotes understanding and achievement for all across our curriculum and raises the self esteem of individuals.
- RESPECT and awareness for the rights, beliefs, contributions and values of the people in our school, home and multicultural society.
- REFLECTION and evaluation about our learning experiences, changing technology, the work that we do and how we communicate with others so that we make safe, informed choices and plan for life in Britain and a part of a wider global community.
All people who work with our children will comply with safeguarding procedures in relation to recruitment, risk assessments, off and on site procedures, environmental safety, online safety and as part of their every day practice with children. It is the responsibility of all staff to know safeguarding procedures, apply the principles in practice, attend training and report any concerns.
All staff will undergo an enhanced DBS check and it there responsibility to notify the governors if there has been any change in their personal circumstance that make pose a threat to children.
Our Designated safeguarding Leads are:
Wayne Jones – Head Teacher
Nikki Hancock – Deputy Head Teacher and Senco
Sarah Hankins – Senior Teacher
For further safeguarding advice, please follow the links below.