Aims of the school
Our Christian ethos underpins everything that takes place in school. As a school we aim to ensure that:
- Each child is valued for their individual contributions and develops a positive attitude and mutual respect towards everyone in the life of the school and community.
- Each child develops high self-esteem, confidence and a true feeling of self-worth and develops a sense of responsibility.
- Each child acquires a set of moral values and attitudes including honesty, repect, sincerity, trust and personal responsibility.
- Each child develops a lively, enquiring mind and life skills so that he/she will have the ability to experiment, investigate, take risks, challenge, discriminate and make informed choices whilst at school and in their adult life.
- Each child develops the skills and attitudes necessary to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Each child will be enriched, motivated and challenged by a broad and balanced curriculum and will be valued for all their efforts and achievements.
- Each child will be given equal opportunities to particpate in all aspects of school life and reach their full potential.
The School as an Aided School
Stanion is an Aided Church of England Primary School. It is proud to be a member of the family of C.E. schools in The Diocese of Peterborough. The school's foundation governors are appointed by the Diocese. The ethos which has developed follows the Christian principles about the worth of each individual child.